Monday 4 May 2015

2015/16 Releases You Should Consider Checking Out


Many many moons ago, I used to participate in Waiting on Wednesday, sharing the books I was anticipating or looking forward to that were coming up for release, but in the end, I just, stopped. I wasn't pleased with the format or how little in terms of quality the posts felt, but I never lost the urge to share the books I was most interested in or looking forward to, so, many many moons later, I've decided that today is that day, and I'm going to be shovelling lots of upcoming reads onto your radar.

I shared in my spreadsheets and organisation post that I have a sheet dedicated to 2015 releases that I'm tracking, and that is still firmly the case, in fact, it's extended to 2016 releases between then and now, and there's many many more books that I don't keep a written track of that are always flitting around my radar, and the worst thing about most of these reads is that so many of you know very little about them. I love me some underrated reads, I'm always reading and reviewing some of my favourites, so now it's time to put some of them on your radar. I spare no apologies for any books you might fall in love with.. *cackles evilly*

May - June 2015

1. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West - Release Date: 5th May 2015

Having read Kasie West's The Distance Between Us, Pivot Point and Split Second and having loved all three, it's only predictable that I would be watching this book with beady eyes and probably waiting until Christmas for it.. I'm aware that I still haven't gotten around to On The Fence, but I will, soon.

2. Bruja by Aileen Erin - Release Date: 12th May 2015

I've fallen in love with Aileen Erin's Alpha Girl series and have loved what's been written so far in the series, and to know that we get the opportunity to be in the mind of a great secondary character and view Erin's world through different eyes is very very exciting. I can't wait to see what happens in the next few days.

3. Maxon by Christina Bauer - Release Date: 12th May 2015

Honestly, Ink Monster LLC just seem to write and publish such 'me' books, it's impossible to not fall a little more in love with them with each installment, and after watching Angelbound rise from a not-so-amazing starting point, I without a doubt need to read about Maxon. Bring on next week!

4. Never Never: Part 2 by Colleen Hoover - Release Date: 17th May 2015

After having read Never Never earlier this year (review is coming, eventually..) and falling into peril and distress after that cliffhanger, I most definitely will be getting hold of this next installment as soon as is possible. The characters, the mystery, the romance, the sexiness, it's all just too much and I can't get enough.

5. The Traitor by Allen Zadoff - Release Date: 9th June 2015

Let's be honest here, this is up there in anticipated releases and I seriously cannot wait to get my grubby little excited hands all over a copy. Eeep, this series, it's characters and it's action, it's assassins and it's screwed up humans, HOWARD, eeep, so much love, so much goodness, I need this as soon as is humanly possible, which is basically now.

August - November 2015

6. Demon Road by Derek Landy - Release Date: 28th August 2015

This should not be a surprise. I ADORED Skullduggery Pleasant.
Have a snippet of a conversation:
Stacie: 'Did you know Derek Landy has a new series starting in August?'
Amanda: 'Of course, I've known since July last year!'
I think that's all you really need to know about this anticipated release.

7. Firewalker by Josephine Angelini - Release Date: 1st September 2015

I confess I wasn't a huuuuuuge fan of Trail by Fire (Stacie did enjoy it much more than me, BUT, I do want to continue the series, half because where the heck is the series going to go now please?! and because it's Josephine Angelini and no matter what, I love her as an author.

8. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas - Release Date: 10th September 2015

Yes, I know, I have yet still to read Heir of Fire, but it's coming, I promise you, I'm waiting so the wait Queen of Shadows isn't as painful. It's obviously on this list.

9. The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan - Release Date: 6th October 2015

Having made my way through every possible Rick Riordan novel through last year, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for a new book and the expectations for this book are enormous! My library best get a copy pronto because mythology by Riordan is something I loooooooove.

10. Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin - Release Date: 13th October 2015

Sequel to Bruja as mentioned earlier, and I love that the installments in this series don't take forever to come out. I'm still not aware just how many books are in this series, and if this is the last then I won't be heartbroken, I just hope it's executed brilliantly.

11. Portia by Christina Bauer - Release Date: 27th October 2015

Once again, sequel to Maxon as mentioned earlier and I just will never get enough of these authors work. I will continue to read these series until they are no more, because the world is just fabulous. Oh, and Dragon Emperor's? COUNT ME IN.

11. All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Release Date: 3rd November 2015

This series has just been - seriously guys, seriously, there's nothing about this that I dislike. Both installments, The Naturals and Killer Instinct have been fabulous and I've fallen for every single word, every single character and every little plot and story moment. I refuse to say goodbye to this series, but I need this book.

12. Winter by Marissa Meyer - Release Date: 10th November 2015

Is there anything really that needs to be said. I want this book. All 800 pages. Now.

13. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - Release Date: 23rd February 2016

Do you have to ask why this book is here? EVERYONE IS WAITING, DON'T KILL GANSEY.


Why is there no date/cover yet?!

14. Book #3 (Faith Series) by Candy Harper

After adoring Have a Little Faith and really enjoying it's sequel Keep the Faith, the wait for more Faith in the finale has just been so inconvenient and rude. Granted, Harper did start a new series with Perfectly Ella, but still, I want more Faith, and having no date or cover or anything at all hurts.

15. Book #3 (The Legion) by Kami Garcia

I really went off The caster Chronicles after Beautiful Darkness but Unbreakable and Unmarked were much better reads for me; they had darkness and horror and friendships and tension and ghost and ghouls and just all the things I like most. I'm excited to see if the series ends how I think it will, and whether or not my heartbreaking ship of emotions will survive. (I'm seriously doubting it right about now..)


16. Book #3 (Half Life) by Sally Green - Release Date: March 2016

I've raved about Half Bad and Half Wild and you should not be surprised. Go read them. Now.

17. Book #2 and Book #3 (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard - Release Date: 2016/2017

These sequels cannot come soon enough, I just need them okay?

Other Books I'm Secretly Stalking..

18. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Release Date: 7th July 2015

After falling in love with Barnes' The Naturals series, and not really liking the look of her paranormal series, the next book on my list from her was going to be this lovely mystery with sisters and crimes and just fantastic goodness. I'm extremely excited.

19. Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith - Release Date: 1st September 2015

I've read every other Jennifer E. Smith novel and liked almost all of them an awful lot, so it's only predictable for me to want to read this one too. I can always love good fluff.

20. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - Release Date: 15th September 2015

If there was ever a character I wanted to be or aspire to be, it's Willow. I'm a chub and sometimes it's hard to love yourself for who you are, and this book could be everything that makes me feel positive about myself. Everything about this book sounds fabulous.

21. Placebo Junkies by J.C. Carleson - Release Date: 27th October 2015

Teenagers, placebo's, insanity, real or not real. Sounds absolutely like a 'me' book. Thanks.


What books are you anticipating this year?

15 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about WoW, I did it for a while and then I just stopped. This looks like a fun post. :) I have several documents with books listed by month and one document with 2016 releases.

    I really liked Pivot Point by Kasie West, I still haven't gotten around to her others, but soon enough I will. I feel this is the summer to read her remaining books. :)

    I'm excited for Queen of Shadows even though I'm yet to finish Throne of Glass. Even though I've started it twice now. *sighs* One day/month/year.

    Ha, a lot of people are in distress about The Raven King being pushed back. I need to seriously read that series. Along with the Lunar Chronicles…

    I'm so so excited for Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between, I've only read The Statistical Probability, but I have her other two. :) It sounds like such a "me" book. Omg, I just discovered Placebo Junkies last week and I need this book in my life. It reminds me of Requiem For A Dream, which is a seriously twisted and disturbing movie.

    This is such a great post Amanda.

    Okay, what am I anticipating this year? Let me break out my lists...

    May: P.S. I Still Love You, Anything Could Happen

    June: Skyscraping, Every Last Word

    July: All We Have Is Now, Hollywood Witch Hunter

    August: Not After Everything, The Boy Most Likely To, Never Always Sometimes, Before We WEre Strangers, Like It Never Happened

    September: Everything Everything, Tonight The Streets Are Ours, I Crawl Through It, A Whole New World

    October: A Thousand Nights, Romancing The Dark In The City of Light, We Own The Night (#2), Signs Point To Yes

    Yes, quite excessive, but you know how it is, I'm sure. :)

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, P.S. I Still Love You, I haven't read To All The Boys yet, but I have it to start, that's exciting! The Boy Most Likely to as well, I read the first book and quite liked it, so good luck with that! Most of these I've not heard of AT ALL, so that's exciting, thanks Amber! :D

      Delete
  2. I think I added, like, five more books to my to-be-read list? And I'm not even angry. ;) I have to say that one of the books I'm most looking forward to is Dumplin'. Honestly I think that is looking like a very important book in terms of body image and the way we perceive other people, and gah, I just want to get my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would feel bad, but they're all worthy books to read! Dumplin' just looks like it could be fantastic with so many important messages, it's exciting! Good luck getting a copy! :D

      Delete
  3. So many books I need to add to the TBR and I can't wait for! Definitely Winter and Queen of Shadows top my list, but I'm alos anticipating Never Never so I can finally pick it up and Firewalker. Great post Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeann! So many great sequels and books coming out this next year!<3

      Delete
  4. I cannot wait for The Fill In Bf! I've read her dystopias but this is the first of her contemporaries to catch my eye! If all goes well, I'll have to stray from my "front list only 2015" and dive into her other two. I actually haven't read Never Never yet, just because I didn't want that cliffhanger. I hear there's a part three though so I may wait even longer...I can't wait for The Fixer, and the last Naturals book! Barnes has just quickly become a favourite author of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd definitely give The Distance a shot by her (I own On the Fence, but it's not read.. yet.) THAT CLIFFHANGER WAS HORRID. Gah, I need the next one, but I fear it too.. Barnes is a fabulous author, right, RIGHT? So much love..

      Delete
  5. So many good books here!! Of course Winter. And The Fill-In Boyfriend was SO GOOD!! And thanks for reminding me... I really enjoyed The Naturals and I should definitely continue on with that series. Great post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you really should continue with The Naturals, it's such a good series! Thanks Lisa! :)<3

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited for most of these, the others I will definitely have to check out! And of course I will probably end up waiting for those as well ;) Maas, West, Meyer. Green and Stiefvater are pretty much on my auto-buy list-can't wait for their books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they are such auto-buys aren't they? They do well out of us. Do check out the ones you don't know Alise!<3

      Delete
  7. AHHHHHHH YES THE FIXER. Honestly. Jennifer Lynn Barnes is probably an auto-buy for me at this point. And don't even talk to me about Gansey. I'll cry. #savegansey2k16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think your comment could have said more than I could. This comment is perfect!<3

      Delete
  8. I cannot WAIT for Queen of Shadows! And my brain is just itching to read Red Queen's sequels!
    Here's my TTT post!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate the time you take to leave a comment and do our very best to reply as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...